Many people assume that chiropractic adjustments are for the back alone. Our chiropractor at Innate Health and Wellness in Columbia aims to help your body via professional chiropractic adjustments. These adjustments could correct your spine's alignment, alleviate pain and enhance the overall functioning of your body.
What is a Chiropractic Adjustment
This is the manipulation of your body by a professional chiropractor using their hands or special instruments. The process is also referred to as joint or spinal manipulation. It is effective in alleviating pain and improving the body's natural ability to heal itself. Our expert chiropractors treat several conditions that affect the musculoskeletal and nervous systems. Conditions including low back pain, muscle pain, neck pain, and headaches all respond well to chiropractic care.
Signs You Need Chiropractic Adjustment
When you experience some stiffness and pain in your spine, it is probably time to see a chiropractor. However, here are the signs to look out for and determine whether it is time to go for chiropractic adjustment:
- You have been sedentary - Sitting for long periods is not good for your spine and can cause severe problems.
- Unexplained headaches -Consider seeing a chiropractor if your headaches persist and you do not know what is causing them. These adjustments on your spine could help a lot in reducing the frequency and intensity of your headaches.
- Shoes wear unevenly - If one shoe wears faster than the other, it means one side of your body is receiving more pressure due to misalignment. Talk to our chiropractor for a chiropractic adjustment.
- Chronic back pain - If you have persistent backache, chiropractic adjustments will relieve this pain restoring your spine's natural alignment.
- You participate in physical activities and sports - If you participate in such activities, chiropractic adjustments will improve your recovery and reduce your chances of being injured.
What Does a Chiropractor Do?
Our chiropractor might recommend:
- Adjustments - These are chiropractic adjustments to boost your range of motion and gently realign your joints.
- Soft-tissue therapy - This therapy is performed to release tension in your fascia, relieve spasms, and relax tight muscles.
- Stretches and exercises - Stretches and corrective exercises will enhance the benefits of chiropractic care and reduce the chances of your pain returning in the future.
- Joint bracing - This is done to support muscles as they go through the healing process or sprained joints.
When you first visit our office, our chiropractor will assess your musculoskeletal system to determine the root cause of your pain and immobility before creating a chiropractic care plan to address it.
Schedule an Appointment with Our Chiropractor in Columbia Today
For more information on the benefits of chiropractic adjustments or to schedule an appointment with our chiropractor, call Innate Health & Wellness today at (573) 808-7121.